Stage 1: Desired Results, Enduring Understandings
How does a BC graduate exemplify the BC vision statement that the learners will “achieve academic excellence and become productive citizens”?
- Profile of a BC graduate
- Profile of a BC graduate in specific curricular areas pre K-12
- Identify agreed upon enduring understandings at each grade level for specific curricular areas
Stage 2: Standards
- Align state standards to the agreed upon enduring understandings required to achieve academic excellence and become a productive citizen identified in Stage 1
- Review standard placement for overlaps and gaps
Stage 3: Assessments: Determine acceptable evidence
Align national, state, local, classroom assessments with identified enduring understandings required for a student to achieve academic excellence and become a productive citizen
Stage 4: Data Analysis
Based on data from external tests, local assessments and student work, how are BC students prepared to achieve academic excellence and become productive citizens?
- * Identify assessments currently used
- * What strengths and areas of improvement in student performance do the different data sources reveal?
- * How are different population groups performing on the various assessments?
- * What questions do these data raise?
Stage 5: Instructional Strategies; learning experiences and instruction
Identify instructional strategies used to help students achieve academic excellence
- Identify instructional strategies used to help students become productive citizens
- Align learning experiences and instruction to help students achieve desired results