Assessment Policy at BCHS
Purpose and Beliefs
- Our assessment policy brings our practices in line with the principles of the IB Programme.
- Our goal is to do what's best for kids, and in the long term we believe all of us will be served by a more consistent and transparent approach to assessment and grading.
- We understand that students learn at different paces. Points will not be reduced for mastering a learning target later than someone else does.
- Students are to be provided ample time and multiple chances in the classroom to meet a learning target.
- Not every student needs to meet a learning target in the same way. Students are allowed different paths to meet the same learning target.